Maintenance Technician FULL-TIME
Don’t get stuck in neutral, rev up your career with Plasman Group. Do you have what it takes to impact major global auto manufacturers? For the Plasman Group and our 3600+ team members, it’s all in a day’s work. We operate 20 highly automated manufacturing sites and dedicated engineering and sales locations globally. When you join A.P. Plasman, a full-service division of Plasman Group, you are joining a team that influences the future of the class A automotive industry. We’re a part of the whole process from design to finishing, but it’s more than that. It’s about the passion we bring to each project, leading to comprehensive solutions. It’s about making a contribution to the component, and being a part of something bigger. It’s about people leading innovation. Are you ready to get behind the wheel of your career? By joining A.P. Plasman, you’ll be part of a team that has a hand in nearly every vehicle made by today’s major car companies. They know our teams deliver because striving for excellence isn’t just what we do; it’s who we are.
Windsor Plant 3 currently has a job opportunity for a Maintenance Technician on the Midnight shift. In this role, the successful candidate will report to the Maintenance Lead Hands. Our ideal candidate is a self-motivated team player with good communication skills and would be responsible for, but not limited to, the following:
- Proactively complete maintenance work to include electrical, pneumatic, hydraulic and general repair and maintenance of all equipment to maintain quality and production levels.
- Responsible for troubleshooting of equipment and miscellaneous downtime issues.
- Perform preventative maintenance of equipment within manufacturers specifications.
- Maintain the building by repairing as required.
- Fabricating or building items as requested.
- Maintain Maintenance software program(s) or equivalent repair log.
- Promote an atmosphere of team work at all times.
- Recommend and participate in Continuous Improvement activities.
- Maintain a clean and safe work environment.
- Work in compliance with the Quality and Business Operating Systems and all health and safety and environmental legislation.
- Completion of any other duties as assigned.
- Abide by Company Value Statement and the Company Standard Code of Conduct.
- Must possess a secondary school diploma or equivalent, with preference given to those who have completed Maintenance diploma/certificate and/or hold a ticket in industrial maintenance.
- Preference will be given to those candidates who hold a valid industrial electrician (442A), or industrial mechanic (Millwright Red Seal program) certification (as necessary for the required role).
- Must have at least a minimum of three years’ experience in an industrial maintenance environment, with preference given to those who have knowledge and experience in the areas of PLC (OMRON/AB, Robotic (Fanuc), electrical, mechanical and hydraulics.
- Preference will be given to those candidates who have education in the areas of electrical, PLC, mechanical and hydraulics.