IT Analyst FULL-TIME
Don't get stuck in neutral, rev up your career with Plasman Group. Do you have what it takes to impact major global auto manufacturers? Plasman Group is composed of 4000+ team members, and we operate 20 highly automated manufacturing sites and dedicated engineering and sales locations globally. When you join Plasman Group, you'll be joining some of the industry's best and brightest. Every day, our team pushes the envelope, developing new techniques and perfecting existing ones. We know it's our employees who drive the company's success and we value their input and personal growth. Our customers rely on us to deliver, and that's a challenge we rise to every day. The evidence is present on our streets, parked in garages and driving through neighborhoods across the globe. Are you ready to steer your next career move? When you join the Plasman Group team, your personal touch extends around the globe, into everything we do. We are currently seeking an IT Analyst to join our Corporate Information Technology Team.
The responsibilities and authorities for this position include, but are certainly not limited to:
- Provides first level assistance for employees requiring IT support (phone, email or web).
- Logs and tracks requests for assistance to the I.T. helpdesk and responds appropriately to user service requests and/or incidents.
- Will perform initial problem analysis and engages other technical staff where needed.
- Generates and labels helpdesk requests in the helpdesk software, monitors response times and time to close tickets, escalates tickets when necessary.
- Stages and recycles PC/laptops and high end workstations. Manages desktop/laptop images library and increases turnaround time for new and recycled PC's, laptops and workstations. Builds new images for new models of PC/laptops and high end workstations.
- Leads the training and on-boarding of PC's and/or laptop systems and cell and/or desktop phones for all new users.
- Will create work instructions for all new software/hardware installs, modify existing work instructions and creates "how to" documentation to reduce the company demand on IT support.
- Performs installation, testing, configuration and upgrading hardware and software at the workstation level.
- Leads the on-boarding process for new and departing employees and users changing positions or locations.
- Maintains the HR process for users (IMAC) and ensures that rights are granted based on appropriate checks and balances.
- Will ensure that anti-virus, internet filtering and patches are deployed and updated.
- Will use group policies, MSI and other software to automate the deployment of software to desktops.
- Supports all desktop and network printer setup, user documentation and toner management.
- Will place initial order for equipment into the ERP system, tracking equipment/software on order and ensure software compliance is met.
- Will create and maintain teleconference bridges and webex accounts.
- Will maintain guest wireless access networks and passwords.
- Ensures network cabling and jacks are installed where necessary.
- Confirms that IT supplies are ordered and tracks existing stock.
- Compiles data and prepares monthly helpdesk reports and monitors end user surveys.
- Completing any other duties as assigned; including being available on-call after hours as required.
- Ensure personal and associate awareness and understanding of ISO 14001 and ISO/TS 16949 (includes ISO 9001) Standards, and company policies and procedures.
- Must possess a post-secondary diploma or equivalent in the field of Information Technology.
- Technical or community college
- Certifications: Microsoft MCIPT and/or MCP, A+
- Must have at least 1 year of experience in information technology help desk capacity with preference given to those who have 2-3 years experience.
- Experience supporting end users, Active Directory, LAN/WAN, XP, Vista, Windows 7 Operating systems, MS Office 2003 to 2010.
Ability to perform well in high pressure situations
- Ability to prioritize tasks and communicate clearly to end users in non-technical terms
- Ability to uphold confidential information
- Meets expectation rating (rating score of 2 or 3) in all applicable Competencies as defined in the Performance Management Process.
- Access to reliable transportation
- Available to work on-call after regular business hours as required.
WE ARE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
If you need an accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process or have any questions, please contact HR.