Business Systems Analyst FULL-TIME
Don't get stuck in neutral, rev up your career with Plasman Group. Do you have what it takes to impact major global auto manufacturers? Plasman Group is composed of 4000+ team members, and we operate 20 highly automated manufacturing sites and dedicated engineering and sales locations globally. When you join Plasman Group, you'll be joining some of the industry's best and brightest. Every day, our team pushes the envelope, developing new techniques and perfecting existing ones. We know it's our employees who drive the company's success and we value their input and personal growth. Our customers rely on us to deliver, and that's a challenge we rise to every day. The evidence is present on our streets, parked in garages and driving through neighborhoods across the globe. Are you ready to steer your next career move? When you join the Plasman Group team, your personal touch extends around the globe, into everything we do. We are currently seeking an Business Systems Analyst to join our Corporate Information Technology Team.
The responsibilities and authorities for this position include, but are certainly not limited to:
- The Business System Analyst, working under the direction of the ERP Manager, is responsible for gathering and documenting business requirements and then ensuring that the deliverables produced by the development effort conform to the business requirements.
- Support all business systems including material scheduling, shipping & receiving, barcode scanning and database systems in multiple automotive parts manufacturing locations.
- Administer/maintain the Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP), Electronic Data Interchange (EDI) and related sub-systems: databases, scanners, portals, web services etc.
- Register, collect details, troubleshoot, update, provide solutions and close routine issues using IT Helpdesk system and escalate issues as needed in a timely manner.
- Work with system users and IT professionals (internal/external) to close incidents, introduce changes and complete projects in live, development and test environments.
- Assemble and present data/information for programming enhancements and break-fixes while using existing or new applications, procedures, connectivity options and/or reports.
- Assist department managers, plant associates and end users with training on software applications and understanding of workflows/documentation.
- Provide evidence in support of conformance with applicable standards and procedures, and participate in corrective action activities as necessary during management system audits.
- Promote customer-focus (both external and internal) and an atmosphere of team work while maintaining data/information in confidence (where needed) at all times.
- Post-secondary degree or diploma majoring in Business and minoring in Information Technology.
- Minimum 3 years in a Business Systems Analyst role in an automotive manufacturing environment.
- Experience configuring, implementing, administering and maintaining enterprises systems while collaborating with IT stakeholders and multiple vendors is required.
- Working knowledge of at least one ERP package, EDI software and Database system servicing a multi-site automotive environment is required.
- Ability to visualize business problems as an end-user, gather functional requirements, validate with relevant data/information, translate for/interface with programmers, create training documents and assist end-users is required.
- Ability to offer on-site (involves travel) and off-site support (including off-hours) in stressful situations in a timely manner with due care and minimal supervision is required.
- Experience dealing with at least one of the automotive manufacturers: General Motors, Fiat Chrysler, Honda, Toyota or multiple Tier-1 or Tier-2 automotive parts suppliers is a must.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office tools (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Skype, Access, Project and Visio) and the use of business applications (Adobe, Java, etc.) is a must.
- Familiarity with ERP modules (Vendors, Purchasing, Receiving, Materials, Inventory, Manufacturing, Shipping, Customers, Accounting, Finance, etc.) is highly desirable.
- Exposure to EDI standards (EDIFACT, ANSI X12), EDI documents (810, 820, 830, 856, 860, 862, 997, etc.) and connectivity solutions (VAN, AS2, FTP, XML) is highly desirable.
- Proficiency with current IT support/troubleshooting tools, mobile hand scanners, desktop or server based reporting platforms, and IT Infrastructure Library Best Practices is a plus.
Excellent verbal and written communication and negotiation skills.
- Ability to work in a professional manner, be flexible, and handle interactions with all levels of the organization and with external clients.
- Self-directed, organized, and motivated.
- The nature of the position requires candidates to travel on short-notice and be available for off-hours support of EDI transmissions and shipping issues.
WE ARE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
If you need an accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process or have any questions, please contact HR.