Product Development Manager FULL-TIME
- Establish and maintain relationships with customers to function as the main point of contact related to engineering issues and solutions.
- Collaborate with Plasman process experts to establish product and process best practices and refine them as technology advancements occur.
- Provide design direction based on Plasman & OEM best practices and internal lessons learned.
- Provide guidance on cutting edge technology related to the Plasman processes.
- Review GD&T and Gage Strategy to ensure robust design interfaces and verify variation can achieve fit and finish targets.
- Work with multiple disciplines, incorporating cross-functional requirements in Product Design while satisfying Customer expectations.
- Schedule and hold manufacturing feasibility meetings ensuring proper representation of multiple disciplines.
- Support pre-production build activities to improve methods, reduce cost, and implement product improvements.
- Support with technical representation through the ECN process during development and mass production.
- Interpret CAE analysis and apply design improvements to meet performance and fit/finish requirements.
- Analyze 3D CAD models and digital validation techniques.
- Develop internal DVP&R, ability to understand, interpret, and negotiate customer DVP&R's.
- Must possess a recognized Engineering Technical diploma in a related area with preference for candidates with a University degree in Engineering.
- Certification in Program Management considered an asset.
- 5 years' progressive work experience Product Engineering and Design/Development, preferably at Tier One supplier level.
- Knowledgeable in Integrated Manufacturing and Design related to OEM and Manufacturing facilities.
- Intimate understanding of injection molding process, tool design, plastics painting and plating and assembly.
- Well-rounded experience and knowledge in Manufacturing, Quality, and Packaging Engineering.
- Good understanding and knowledge of Fixtures functionality and design used for quality and work-in-process checks.
- Vehicle Integration experience for multiple exterior components including but not limited to wheel flares, rockers, spoilers, door molding, etc.
- Advanced skills in Microsoft Office Programs, specifically Excel and Project.
WE ARE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
If you need accommodation for any part of the application or interview process, or have questions, please contact HR.