Fixture Designer/ 3D Printer Operator FULL-TIME
Don't get stuck in neutral, rev up your career with Plasman Group. Do you have what it takes to impact major global auto manufacturers? Plasman Group is composed of 4000+ team members, and we operate 20 highly automated manufacturing sites and dedicated engineering and sales locations globally. When you join Plasman Group, you'll be joining some of the industry's best and brightest. Every day, our team pushes the envelope, developing new techniques and perfecting existing ones. We know it's our employees who drive the company's success and we value their input and personal growth. Our customers rely on us to deliver, and that's a challenge we rise to every day. The evidence is present on our streets, parked in garages and driving through neighborhoods across the globe. Are you ready to steer your next career move? When you join the Plasman Group team, your personal touch extends around the globe, into everything we do. We are currently seeking an Fixture Designer/ 3D Printer Operator to join our Corporate Advanced Development and Engineering Team.
The Fixture Designer/3D Printer Operator will be a member of our Corporate Advanced Development & Engineering team and will be responsible for operating a 3D printer and coordinating all activities of the work-in-progress fixture design process for future and current programs. This role will report to the Manager, Advanced Development & Engineering, and will be located at Windsor Plant 3. Our ideal candidate is a self-motivated team player with good communication and organizational skills and would be responsible for, but not limited to, the following:
- Support the Engineering department with both work-in-progress (WIP) fixture designs, fixture creation, and part requests via the operation of the 3D printer for future and current programs.
- Create preliminary/final designs for WIP fixtures.
- Create designs for part nesting and various parts related aids for assembly for departments Corporate-wide.
- Assemble WIP fixtures and order componentry.
- Effectively work with machine shops to line up delivery dates and schedule CMM.
- Effectively work with appropriate personnel to review job build details.
- Safely operate all required machinery, 3D printer, and small equipment.
- Participate in and support first trial activities.
- Must possess a secondary school diploma or equivalent
- Recognized Engineering Technical Diploma in related area.
- Fixture building experience considered an asset.
- Proficient in a Design software i.e.: Solid Works, Catia etc
- Must have 3 years' experience in Fixture Design
- Strong knowledge of GD & T
- Ability to read 2D part prints
- Proven project and time management skills
- Excellent working knowledge and understanding of all equipment (3D printer an asset)
- Knowledgeable in integrated manufacturing technology as it relates to the facilit
Proven project and time management skills.
- Ability to perform well in high pressure situations.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both written and verbal.
- Capable of independent travel to, from and within our intercompany Canadian region with potential travel to our United States facilities.
- Access to reliable transportation.
WE ARE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
If you need accommodation for any part of the application or interview process, or have questions, please contact HR.