Process Technician FULL-TIME
Don’t get stuck in neutral, rev up your career with Plasman Group.Do you have what it takes to impact major global auto manufacturers? For the Plasman Group and our 2800+ team members, it’s all in a day’s work. We operate 16 highly automated manufacturing sites and dedicated engineering and sales locations across North America. When you join A.P. Plasman, a full-service division of Plasman Group, you are joining a team that influences the future of the class A automotive industry. We’re a part of the whole process from design to finishing, but it’s more than that. It’s about the passion we bring to each project, leading to comprehensive solutions. It’s about making a contribution to the component, and being a part of something bigger. It’s about people leading innovation. Are you ready to get behind the wheel of your career? By joining A.P. Plasman, you’ll be part of a team that has a hand in nearly every vehicle made by today’s major car companies. They know our teams deliver because striving for excellence isn’t just what we do; it’s who we are.
The Process Technician’s responsibilities include, but are not limited to those listed below:
- Mold set-up as required.
- Ensure proper set-up as set out by the Technical/Production Supervisor
- Monitor and make process adjustments as required to maintain quality and productivity levels.
- Assist in other process technicians and set-up technicians as required and, in a manner conductive to their development and education.
- Assist any other personnel when available and when required.
- Operate overhead crane in a safe manner
- Set-up end of arm tooling on robots.
- Ensure First/Last Off Inspections are completed and maintain SPC aspects of process and react when problems arise.
- Perform production runs when required
- Perform tryout and production related duties as required and communicate concerns
- Identify and recommend maintenance if required
- Ensure all Health and Safety and Process procedures are followed within department
- Follow all Organization codes, values, policies, practices, procedures and instructions in the area of quality, environmental health & safety, security and business operations.
- Recommend and participate in Continuous Improvement activities.
- Promote an atmosphere of teamwork at all times.
- Maintain a clean and safe work environment.
- Work in compliance with the Quality and Business Operating Systems and all health and safety and environmental legislation.
- Completion of any other duties as assigned.
- Abide by Company Value Statement and the Company Standard Code of Conduct
- Must possess a secondary school diploma or equivalent, with preference given to those who have completed some or all of a College level program.
- Completed education relating to the technical knowledge of plastic injection mold process, machinery and equipment an asset.
- Must have at least a minimum three (3) years set-up and two (2) years process troubleshooting and a demonstrated level of knowledge, skill and ability as a process technician.
- Must have the ability to be trained for the above mentioned responsibilities and authorities
- Qualified individuals will possess good communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Have an excellent working knowledge and understanding of equipment and computer integrated manufacturing technology.