Industrial Lab Technician - NEW SEARCH FULL-TIME
Do you have what it takes to impact major global auto manufacturers? A-Brite Plating gives you the opportunity to shine. Located in Cleveland, Ohio, A-Brite Plating is an industry pioneer in plating on plastics. A-Brite is a division of the Plasman Group which operates 20 highly automated manufacturing sites and dedicated engineering and sales locations globally.
We are presently looking for a Lab Technician for our Process Lab. Work Hours: Training on first shift (7:00 am 3:00 pm) for approximately three months. Upon training completion, your shift will change; that shift is yet to be determined. Reporting to the Supervisor, the Lab Tech is responsible for:
- Monitor baths and chemistry, check drum levels. Change if needed.
- Make necessary chemical adds
- Check scrap sheets for process problems.
- Keep up with chemical preventive maintenance.
- Monitor waste treatment.
- Troubleshoot processes.
- Maintain SPC charts.
- Communicate with Technicians, Platers, Waste Treatment Operators, Supervisors and the Process Manager.
- Do analysis wet titration.
- Maintain the assigned instruments and equipment in optimum operating equipment.
- Serve as a member of Emergency Response Team
- Other duties as assigned
- Experience in manufacturing with proven ability to troubleshoot
- Leadership experience or skills and ability to provide direction to others
- Basic Chemistry knowledge helpful
- Industrial Lab experience or experience working with chemicals
- Basic general Math skills
- Tow motor experience
- Mechanical aptitude
- Strong organizational skills. Excellent communication skills and attention to detail.
- Strong focus and ability to adhere to safety protocols in the laboratory
- Ability to handle multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to work independently under limited supervision