Production Manager FULL-TIME
A-Brite Plating is an industry pioneer in plating on plastics and delivers premier plating on plastics solutions for a variety of applications including automotive and appliance. A-Brite is a division of the Plasman Group which operates 20 highly automated manufacturing sites and dedicated engineering and sales locations globally.
Reporting to the General Manager, the Production Manager manages the day-to-day production activities of the facility and ensures production KPI's are met. In this role, you will supervise, coach and mentor the Production Supervisors, as well as assist in the development and implementation of Quality and Business Operating Systems and ensure plant wide compliance of the systems. Serve as an active member of the Joint Health & Safety Committee and lead continuous improvement efforts. KEY RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
- Direct production supervisors in maintaining positive employee relations and a safe working environment.
- Develop plans for and coordinate the efficient use of materials, equipment and employees and ensure that sufficient resources are available for each department including training, personnel, work instructions, procedures, and related tools.
- Ensure that all employees receive proper training, understand all job tasks, and work in a manner consistent with all health and safety and environmental legislation, and a clean and safe work environment is always maintained
- Ensure personal and associate awareness and understanding of ISO 14001 and ISO/TS 16949 (includes ISO 9001) Standards, company health and safety program, and company policies and procedures.
- Promote and develop an atmosphere of team work and use cross-functional teams during planning and implementation reviews which should include all levels of employees
- Serve as an example to all employees in all areas of the business through demonstrated professionalism, positive employee relations and the ability to make accurate and timely decisions
- Confer with customers to evaluate and promote improved and expanded services and support new product launches
- Implementing and driving a sustainable 5S program.
- Minimum 5 years of hands-on production management experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Automotive Manufacturing Management experience strongly preferred.
- Experience in Plating on Plastic Manufacturing strongly preferred.
- Must have demonstrated leadership experience in a manufacturing setting, including coaching, training, leading and developing supervisors and assigned staff.
- Completion of coursework or degree, preferably in a Technical Engineering field. Engineering coursework in Materials, Chemical, Metallurgy or Thin Film Coatings is a plus.
- Proven ability to use systematic problem solving to solve technical challenges.
- Must be open to working on-call or non-traditional hours including nights, weekends and holidays as required based on business need.
- Ability to perform well in high pressure situations and work in a fast--paced environment, multi-task and shift priorities easily.
- Capable of independent travel to, from and within designated regions
- Good communication skills and proven ability to communicate effectively across broad levels of business, from shop floor to executive leaders.
- Excellent team facilitation skills and proven ability to build team and motivate others.
- Computer skills with Microsoft applications.