Machine Operator - NEW SEARCH, multiple openings FULL-TIME
A-Brite Plating is an industry pioneer in plating on plastics. We deliver premier plating on plastics solutions for a variety of applications including automotive and appliance. We are a division of the Plasman Group which operates 20 highly automated manufacturing sites and dedicated engineering and sales locations globally.
Reporting to the Process Supervisor, the Machine Operator is responsible for:
- Check scrap sheet hourly to assure machine is operating correctly. Check rectifiers continually for correct current and amperage.
- Follow daily voltage settings. Constantly check parts from decorative chrome to see if any changes are to be made.
- Take hourly temperatures of designated tanks with thermometer. Watch bath levels and adjust to correct fill.
- Operate machine in a safe manner at all times and follow the safety measures set by the management of A-Brite.
- Keep machine catwalks clear of any parts and check tanks for floating parts and handle accordingly.
- Watch for lost parts and work with Line Leaders and Supervisors to correct.
- Clear machine jam-ups in the safest way possible.
- Must be available to work any shift and additional shifts as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Machine Operator experience; good working knowledge of our products will be considered in lieu of this experience.
- Tow motor experience
- Basic math skills required
- Mechanical aptitude
- Must be able to meet the physical lifting requirements of this position -- lift 50 pounds occasionally or 25-40 pounds regularly, without assistance.
- Able to work hours before and after assigned shift including weekends as needed