Group Leader- 2nd Shift FULL-TIME
Don't get stuck in neutral, rev up your career with Plasman Group. Do you have what it takes to impact major global auto manufacturers? Plasman Group is composed of 4000+ team members, and we operate 20 highly automated manufacturing sites and dedicated engineering and sales locations globally. When you join Plasman Group, you'll be joining some of the industry's best and brightest. Every day, our team pushes the envelope, developing new techniques and perfecting existing ones. We know it's our employees who drive the company's success and we value their input and personal growth. Our customers rely on us to deliver, and that's a challenge we rise to every day. The evidence is present on our streets, parked in garages and driving through neighborhoods across the globe. Are you ready to steer your next career move? When you join the Plasman Group team, your personal touch extends around the globe, into everything we do. Thermotech Inc , a division of Plasman Group, is one of our technology-driven manufacturing companies specializing in precision injection molding and assembly. We are actively seeking a Group Leader - 2nd shift for our Hopkins, Minnesota location. As an organization, we're very employee and forward focused in our approach and we believe that you should be too. If this is you, please apply today.
Primary responsibilities of the role are as follows:
- Ensure all operators are in compliance with the "Non-Negotiable Tasks for Operator".
- Train operators to Thermotech's job process and ensure that all training records completed and current and turned into Human Resources for record keeping.
- Schedule operators for daily work tasks.
- Ensure operators are certified within the allotted time as per Thermotech's training guidelines.
- Ensure employee are only working on jobs they are certified for.
- Enforce 5-S standards at work stations.
- Provide necessary tools and equipment to operators in a timely manner.
- Verify that the production book is complete at the beginning, during and end of work order
- Monitor hourly efficiency and eliminate holdups.
- Ensure proper and timely closure of work orders.
- Ensure Production employees are following Thermotech's health and safety policies.
- Lead by example be professional in interactions with all employees. Establish and maintain a professional work environment.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or GED
Minimum of two years Machine Operator experience and informal leadership experience required.
- Must complete Thermotech's Machine Operator certification program.
- Able to effectively communicate with people, both verbally and written.
- Able to break down a job into trainable tasks.
- Able to lift 55 pounds repeatedly.