Tooling Engineering Manager FULL-TIME
Don't get stuck in neutral, rev up your career with Plasman Group. Do you have what it takes to impact major global auto manufacturers? Plasman Group is composed of 4000+ team members, and we operate 20 highly automated manufacturing sites and dedicated engineering and sales locations globally. When you join Plasman Group, you'll be joining some of the industry's best and brightest. Every day, our team pushes the envelope, developing new techniques and perfecting existing ones. We know it's our employees who drive the company's success and we value their input and personal growth. Our customers rely on us to deliver, and that's a challenge we rise to every day. The evidence is present on our streets, parked in garages and driving through neighborhoods across the globe. Are you ready to steer your next career move? When you join the Plasman Group team, your personal touch extends around the globe, into everything we do.
The Tooling Engineering Manager works to coordinate and support the activities of the Tooling Department at Windsor Plant 1. This role works closely with our corporate program managers, in addition to providing support and guidance to other Plasman facilities in the area. Other responsibilities include:
- Directing and managing the Tooling Supervisor, Tooling Engineers and Tooling Specialists while maintaining positive employee relations
- Provide support and assistance to all tooling related issues (included quality related tooling issues)
- Oversee & coordinate tooling, and provide recommendations and input on tooling design for all facility programs
- Responsible to complete and oversee all facility tooling follow up
- Organize and ensure adequate preventative maintenance program is planned, carried out and documented for all tooling
- Ensure that tooling standards are understood and maintained by supplies
- Support to program management group with estimating support (tonnages, cycles, gating, etc)
- Oversee tooling repairs/engineering changes & ensure timely/quality repairs are completed within allotted tooling repair budget
- Maintain department spending per the annual fiscal budget
- Lead continuous improvement of mold changeovers
- Assist in the implementation and sustainment of scientific molding processes
- Develop, organize and implement efficiency improvement(s) and scrap reduction opportunities.
- Ensure that sufficient resources are available for tooling department including training, safety requirements, personnel, work instructions, procedures, and related tools
- Comply with established rules, procedures, and Health and Safety Mandates
- Ensure personal and associate awareness and understanding of ISO 14001 and ISO/TS 16949 (includes ISO 9001) Standards, and company policies and procedures
- During management system audit events provide evidence in support of conformance with applicable standards and procedures, and participate in corrective action activities as necessary
- Ensure that a clean and safe work environment is always maintained
- Promote an atmosphere of team work at all times
- Assist in any way to any employee, necessary to promote a successful operation emphasizing customer satisfaction
- Comply with the Company Health & Safety Program including Occupational Health & Safety Legislation, regulations, standards and Company Health & Safety policies.
Our ideal candidate:
- Must possess a recognized degree or diploma in a college level program or equivalent; preference given to those with an engineering or a technical background in tooling - mold design.
- Preference will be given to candidates who are a licensed toolmaker and/or tooling design engineer
- Experience with plastic injection molding processes is preferred
This position requires the following minimum work experience qualifications:
- Must have minimum 5-7 years’ experience with tooling in a production setting and knowledge of tooling design.
- Demonstrated experience in a management or supervisory capacity in an automotive environment
- Preference given to those who have 8-10 years’ experience in a senior / leadership tooling role
- Exceptional computer and communication skills are a must;
- Team builder, with proven track record of collaborative efforts and experience working with cross functional, interdisciplinary environments
Successful candidates will:
- Perform well in high pressure situations meeting timelines and customer needs
- Possess sound financial and business insights
- Capable of independent travel to, from and within designated regions of North America, Europe as required
- Access to reliable transportation and willing to travel if necessary