Advanced Quality Engineer - New Model FULL-TIME
Don't get stuck in neutral, rev up your career with Plasman Group. Do you have what it takes to impact major global auto manufacturers? Plasman Group is composed of 4000+ team members, and we operate 20 highly automated manufacturing sites and dedicated engineering and sales locations globally. When you join Plasman Group, you'll be joining some of the industry's best and brightest. Every day, our team pushes the envelope, developing new techniques and perfecting existing ones. We know it's our employees who drive the company's success and we value their input and personal growth. Our customers rely on us to deliver, and that's a challenge we rise to every day. The evidence is present on our streets, parked in garages and driving through neighborhoods across the globe. Are you ready to steer your next career move? When you join the Plasman Group team, your personal touch extends around the globe, into everything we do. We are currently seeking an Advanced Quality Engineer to join our Corporate Advanced Manufacturing Team.
The Advanced Quality Engineer New Model or designate plans, implements, checks and acts on the activities required to ensure that parts and assemblies meet or exceed customer quality specifications for new model launches at A.P. Plasman Inc. This position Directly reports to: Manager Advanced Manufacturing. The responsibilities and authorities for this position include, but are not limited to:
- Quality Planning The responsibilities for planning include but are not limited to the following:
- Control Plan (PQCT), FMEA and Process Flow, (and all additional related Quality documents) development as required.
- Part requirement clarification (appearance, paint zones, fit to vehicle, performance, etc.)
- Incorporation of lessons learned into documentation and data base as necessary.
- Assist in Operator training plans
- Attend Feasibility Reviews to assist in identifying risks in the design process utilizing the Lessons Learned Database (LLDB).
- Ensure all master time line milestones are communicated and met relating to New Model Quality activities.
- Identify key Customer contacts in order to establish strong relationships and effective communication.
- Implementation (Do) of the planned quality activities including but not limited to:
- Development of documentation to support the Control Plan including check sheets, test procedures, data record sheets, etc. as/when necessary
- Submit/Coordinate sample parts for appearance, DVP&R, NMRs, AAR, etc. as needed
- Development of launch instructions and inspector training for New Model build event parts
- Development and communication of master and boundary samples as needed
- Conduct/coordinate/analyze all data collection related to the PPAP and NMR's of new/revised products. (eg: Capability Studies, Part Dimensional Data, Gage R&R, etc). When unacceptable conditions result, coordinate countermeasures with appropriate individuals.
- Participate in all New Model readiness reviews with Customers as support to Program Managers, as required.
- Provide all information, as required to ensure that all employees receive proper training and understand all job tasks relating to new model products. (Training resources and timing to be coordinated by the facility Mgmt Team.)
- Assist in gauge design reviews and GD&T reviews with internal and external customers.
- Participate in internal and customer Run@Rates, PDR's, NMR's, etc.
- Checking on the output from the planned process including but not limited to:
- Review and analyze all data to ensure customer specifications are satisfied.
- Control Plan and process audits completed at all pre-production runs/builds
- Verification of operator training and compliance to work instructions at all pre-production runs/builds. Actual order of operations matches documented order of operations.
- Track all open issues to ensure countermeasures are implemented in a timely and effective manner. (Utilizing the Open Issues Matrix format)
- Audit PPAP / NMR deliverables to confirm documentation meets customer requirements
- Ensure that project and/or process control documentation is compliant with requirements and/or contracts.
- Ensure when new/revised customer standards are identified, those standards are captured and implemented in the appropriate documents (Control Plans, Testing, Operator Training, etc).
- Ensure that all employees are receiving proper training and are understanding of all job tasks related to New Model products.
- Acting on discrepancies found during checks including:
- Communication of dimensional or functional failures to Manager Advanced Manufacturing and Program Management to ensure countermeasure activity is initiated in a timely manner.
- Updating documentation related to checks or process/part changes
- Participate in root cause analysis and countermeasure implementation of the issues that are preventing us from meeting customer requirements (dimensional issues, gauge R&R failures, test failures) as it relates to new model launch.
- Must possess a secondary school diploma or equivalent, with preference given to those who with a degree/diploma in Engineering or Quality.
- Must possess blue print reading, SPC skills, GD&T, basic computer skills to include proven experience with Excel and Word.
- Familiarity with measuring devices, blue print reading and tolerances.
- Familiarity with OEM portals, ISO Standards, APQP, PPAP, NMR, and test protocols.
- Understanding of all OEM Customer Specific requirements and formats as they relate to New Model Launch/Approvals.
- Must have at least 5-7 years' experience in Engineering or Quality in a leader capacity, with preference given to those who have 8-10 years' experience.
- Must have experience in customer OEM PPAP/NMR requirements
- Solid knowledge of internal plant processes is critical and must have the ability to act as a liaison at the plant levels to understand quality issues
- Understanding of expectations detailed through Organization Statements, Standards, Visions, Policies and Procedures (i.e. Mission, Values, Code of Conduct, Operational, Quality, and Environmental Health & Safety) as referenced in Employee Handbooks and communicated through Orientation and/or other training awareness opportunities
- Ability to perform well in high pressure situations
- Capable of independent travel to, from and within designated regions
- Valid Passport.
- Access to reliable transportation
WE ARE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
If you need an accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process or have any questions, please contact HR.