Materials Manager FULL-TIME
Do you have what it takes to impact major global auto manufacturers? A-Brite is an industry pioneer in plating on plastics and delivers premier plating on plastics solutions for a variety of applications including automotive, appliances and household products. We are a division of the Plasman Group which operates 20 highly automated manufacturing sites and dedicated engineering and sales locations globally.
Reporting to the General Manager, the Materials Manager will:
- Manage, co-ordinate and assist in the activities of the Materials Department, including shipping, receiving, inventory control, scheduling, purchasing, container management, and logistics.
- Responsible for analyzing all customer releases in order to create an effective production schedule and communicating this schedule to the appropriate departments.
- Actively participate, support and contribute to corporate materials management initiative
- Develop, plan and act upon continuous improvement initiatives within the materials department and provide specific direction to all staff to ensure success in completion of the established objectives
- Develop and review plant production plans and schedules and associated inventory targets.
- Responsible to report on inventory to include days on hand, stock outs, all variances
- Review shipping schedules to ensure all customer (internal and external) customer delivery schedules can be met
- Develop capacity plans and review capacity utilization and make recommendations with the appropriate personnel
- First Line Management customer contact and emergency contact for part supply and other (internal and external) customer needs and participate in the development and execution and if required communication of any corrective action requests made by the customer due to failure/root cause in the Materials function
- Responsible for the ongoing execution for all ERP functions and tasks for the Materials function in their facility
- Minimum of 5-7 years of experience in materials in a leader capacity
- Automotive experience
- ERP experience, preferably with Trans4M
- Proficient with MS Excel
- Strong business acumen with proven track record in meeting and exceeding established targets
- Strong leadership skills with proven ability to lead and develop employees
- Ability to perform well in high pressure situations.
- Completion of Materials professional designation or progress towards such preferred
- Excellent verbal and written communication
- Ability to travel to customer sites monthly for a day or two