Automation Engineer FULL-TIME
Do you have what it takes to impact major global auto manufacturers? A-Brite is an industry pioneer in plating on plastics and delivers premier plating on plastics solutions for a variety of applications including automotive, appliances and household products. We are a division of the Plasman Group which operates 20 highly automated manufacturing sites and dedicated engineering and sales locations globally.
Reporting to the Maintenance Manager, the Automation Engineer is responsible for managing projects, supporting equipment installations and working with Maintenance Technicians as a team in the activities of the Maintenance Department.Han The responsibilities and authorities for this position include, but are certainly not limited to:
- Responsible for installation of new equipment and troubleshooting of equipment and miscellaneous downtime issues.
- Performs PLC programming and modifications and troubleshooting.
- Performs preventative maintenance for equipment within manufacturers specifications.
- Drives Continuous Improvement activities.
- Layout, assist with and direct projects in Department.
- Reads and interprets pneumatic and hydraulic symbols and drawings.
- Works with and through Contractor and Supplier representatives to repair machinery and equipment and/or complete assigned projects including set up, installation, repairing and maintaining the machinery/equipment.
- Serves as "go-to" for ordering electrical and controls parts and components.
- Maintain a clean and safe work environment.
- Work in compliance with the Quality and Business Operating Systems and all health and safety and environmental legislation.
- Applies positive project management skills to effectively carry projects from inception to completion
- Abides by Company Value Statement and the Company Standard Code of Conduct
- Completion of any other duties as assigned.
- Experience with or knowledge of Control Logic 5000, RS Logix controllers and Studio 5000 software.
- Experience with or knowledge of SLC500 (PLC), S.E.W. Movitrac drives and Allen Bradley Flex drives
- Knowledgeable or able to learn programming with automation.
- Understand AC/DC circuits associated with PLC.
- Ability to troubleshoot equipment problems, perform complex system tests, make repairs and change out parts.
- Demonstrate a basic understanding of pneumatic controls and actuators.
- Demonstrate mechanical aptitude relating to motors and pumps required; mechanical aptitude related to pumps, gearboxes, conveyors, chain drives, air handlers, HVAC and water systems preferred.
- Must possess a conceptional understanding of or the ability to learn the plating process.
- Bachelor's degree in Automation, Mechanical, or Electrical Engineering or related field preferred but not required.
- Certification/license such as control system engineer, control system technician, or certified automation processional preferred but not required.
- Experience with Allen Bradley PLC's or Allen Bradley certification preferred.
- Understand the basics of flow diagrams.
- Creative thinking skills and ability to perform well in high pressure situations.
- Must be self-motivated with excellent communication skills both written and verbal.
- Ability to prioritize and adjust work based on requirement.
- Must be available 24 hours as needed via phone or on-site, including nights and/or weekends.