Program Manager (Fort Payne, Alabama) FULL-TIME
Don’t get stuck in neutral, rev up your career with Plasman Group. Do you have what it takes to impact major global auto manufacturers? For the Plasman Group and our 4000+ team members, it’s all in a day’s work. We operate 20 highly automated manufacturing sites and dedicated engineering and sales locations globally. When you join Plasman Group you are joining a team that influences the future of the class A automotive industry. We’re a part of the whole process from design to finishing, but it’s more than that. It’s about the passion we bring to each project, leading to comprehensive solutions. It’s about making a contribution to the component, and being a part of something bigger. It’s about people leading innovation. Are you ready to get behind the wheel of your career? By joining Plasman Group, you’ll be part of a team that has a hand in nearly every vehicle made by today’s major car companies. They know our teams deliver because striving for excellence isn’t just what we do; it’s who we are.
The Program Manager champions new product launches from concept to mass production in a dynamic campus style environment. Our Program Managers are experts in their product and work with multiple process experts at our dedicated manufacturing facilities. Key responsibilities include:
- Manage the maturation and coordination of process, product design, mold design, paint, chroming, assembly and sequencing in a campus-style environment working with cross-functional teams.
- Apply the gate launch system structured approach to managing new launch programs through multiple production facilities.
- Develop and maintain excellent customer relationships throughout the program lifecycle. Coordinate program activities and information from customer to all appropriate departments.
- Ensure that adequate resources are assigned to all project tasks and identify risks to department managers.
- Participate in feasibility reviews to highlight potential risks and work with the customer to resolve them.
- Ensure that all tasks are progressing as effectively as possible using time bound program timelines and risks are identified and managed.
- Hold & participate in cross-functional team communications meetings on a regular basis (APQP, Gate and launch support reviews).
- Manage internal and customer budget costs. Compile all information on program costs including tooling, gages, fixtures, racks, packaging and assembly equipment and track costs incurred on an ongoing basis. Track program expenditures and report out at Sr. Management reviews.
- Must possess a recognized Engineering Technical diploma in a related area with preference for candidates with a University degree in Mechanical or Industrial Engineering.
- 5 to 7 years’ progressive work experience within the area of Program Management.
- Knowledgeable in Integrated Manufacturing and Design related to OEM and Manufacturing facilities, Strong preference for specific knowledge of injection molding, paint, assembly and chroming.
- Expertise with complex injections molded “Class A” surface and/or painted parts preferred.
- Advanced skills in Microsoft Office Programs, specifically Excel and Project.
- Ability to perform well in high pressure situations.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Possess sound financial and business insights.
- Meets expectation rating (rating score of 2 or 3) in all applicable Competencies as defined in the Performance Management Process.
- Capable of independent travel to, from and within designated regions.
- Access to reliable transportation