Production Supervisor FULL-TIME
Don't get stuck in neutral, rev up your career with Plasman Group. Do you have what it takes to impact major global auto manufacturers? Plasman Group is composed of 4000+ team members, and we operate 20 highly automated manufacturing sites and dedicated engineering and sales locations globally. When you join Plasman Group, you'll be joining some of the industry's best and brightest. Every day, our team pushes the envelope, developing new techniques and perfecting existing ones. We know it's our employees who drive the company's success and we value their input and personal growth. Our customers rely on us to deliver, and that's a challenge we rise to every day. The evidence is present on our streets, parked in garages and driving through neighborhoods across the globe. Are you ready to steer your next career move? When you join the Plasman Group team, your personal touch extends around the globe, into everything we do. We are currently seeking a Production Supervisor to join ourThermotech Division located at our Hopkins, Minnesota site.
Primary responsibilities of the role are:
- Working closely with the Production Manager to meet assigned area goals and objectives.
- Closely monitoring operational performance to meet goals and objectives established by the Production Manager. Use plant metrics as a tool for continuous improvement.
- Coaching and developing employees within assigned areas.
- Fostering open communication within the group to promote teamwork.
- Hiring, recommending employee development and promotions.
- Applying progressive corrective actions and addressing employee concerns as needed.
- Reviewing direct reports performance and efficiency and recommending wage increases.
- Responsible for the timely and accurate entries of employee's absences in established system.
- Enforcing company policies, procedures and practices.
- Applying problem-solving methods to find root causes in the resolution of operational problems and non-conforming issues.
- Coordinating with support departments and Planning to ensure plant priorities are met.
- Analyzing and making proposals on appropriate staffing to meet production needs.
- Ensuring direct reports are certified or have prescribed training plans toward certification.
- Participating in the development of production methods, and the application of approved methods to ensure quality control of production parts.
- Applying continuous improvement methods to improve machine utilization in areas such as tool set-up/teardown and startup, labor reduction and process improvements.
- Coordinating movement of finished and semi-finished goods and material to ensure smooth flow. Working closely with production planning to establish production schedules to ensure on-time delivery to the customer.
- Establishing 5s practices and enforcing housekeeping guidelines to promote quality of product and safe working environment.
- Ensuring equipment maintenance issues are promptly corrected. Responsible for level 1 and 2 PMs on shop equipment.
- Monitoring tool performance against standards using Mattec and Epicor and correct variances in a timely manner.
- High school diploma or GED plus two years technical training required.
- Plastic material characteristics, troubleshooting equipment and material problems.
- Equipment functions.
- Supervision, verbal and written communication skill.
- Costing and Statistical Process Control.
- Blueprint interpretation and tool design.
- Employee involvement teams.
- "Just in Time" warehousing principles.
- 5S practices.
- Knowledge of international quality standards such as TS16949.